Embargoed until 15/05/2017 C4IR
Gavin Jones, a seasoned smart grids forum founder and chair of ARM-sponsored 8th international annual Smart Grids Cleanpower 19-20 June in Cambridge UK, has outlined key themes for this year’s summit at Robinson College’s new executive conference centre.
Event Sponsors: ARM | Gold Sponsors: UtilityWise | Silver Sponsors: Cambridge Consultants; NERA
Conference Outline from Gavin Jones, Chair 2017
“2017 feels like a year in which major change in smart energy in the UK seem close.
“Yet what that change is, is unclear.
- the smart meter rollout starting, bringing smart technology into homes across the country;
- possible booms in the development of storage, reducing costs of renewables technology;
- the first subsidy-free bid for provision of offshore wind in Germany;
- and National Grid and Google working on the use of artificial intelligence in energy.
“On the other hand we have the following combination of uncertainties:
- our future access to international energy;
- the impact of political attempts to fix the failures of our energy market;
- the growing impact on communities and business of living the most expensive energy in the developed world;
- and future changes in how our electricity system will be managed.
“The conference centres on perfect area for fascinating conversations!”
Dr Justin Hayward, Director of C4IR added: “Just 5 weeks to go to this event and we are very excited! We have a VC & ARM-led innovation pitching session on 20th business conference and a high quality delve into basics, technologies, markets and innovation on 19th in the briefing day.”
Front of House, C4IR
To read more information about C4IR Global Series Events, click here.